Posted to dev@wicket.apache.org by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com> on 2007/01/30 08:19:38 UTC

optimizing serialized state: optimizing component

yet another brainstorm on the subject

a big percentage of components do not have
metadata/behaviors/markupattributes/markupindex/etc, but we always write
them out (even if null). what if we allocate a few more component flags and
use custom serialization to not write those out based on flags. this should
really shrink serialized size of components. the above will save 4 slots per
component! on a page with a datatable that will really add up.

-igor

Re: optimizing serialized state: optimizing component

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
right, these are just guesses, nothing certain.

-igor

Posted by Johan Compagner <jc...@gmail.com>.