Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Thomas Noetzold <tn...@systemany.com> on 2002/02/13 13:58:50 UTC

Problem allowing users to view pages before login

Hi,

I am trying to allow users to view multiple pages without the need to login
first.
I installed the tdk with the newapp sample. In TurbineResources.properties I
set screen.homepage to my new Index.vm.
I use my own SessionValidator, which does nothing . I am still getting the
login page (or whichever page is configured for template.login) whenever I
try to access a page. (It doesn't matter whether I use my own
SessionValidator or TemplateSessionValidator, which was configured before.)
What am I missing?

Thomas

Re: Problem allowing users to view pages before login

Posted by Thomas Noetzold <tn...@systemany.com>.
Rodney,

thank you very much, this works just fine. I am only serving static content
here however, which may change often. Do you know of a way to achieve the
same thing without having to write a java class (which does nothing) for
every page?

Regards
Thomas

> > Hi,
> >
> > I am trying to allow users to view multiple pages without the need to
login
> > first.
> > I installed the tdk with the newapp sample. In
TurbineResources.properties
> > I set screen.homepage to my new Index.vm.
> > I use my own SessionValidator, which does nothing . I am still getting
the
> > login page (or whichever page is configured for template.login) whenever
> > try to access a page. (It doesn't matter whether I use my own
> > SessionValidator or TemplateSessionValidator, which was configured
before.)
> > What am I missing?
>
> All of the screen modules (java classes backing the templates) in the
newapp
> sample extend VelocitySecureScreen, which requires the user to be logged
in
> before viewing the page.  You should write a screen module called
Index.java

Re: Problem allowing users to view pages before login - Solved

Posted by Thomas Noetzold <tn...@systemany.com>.
Rodney,

sorry for the last mail, I guess I found it: I need to implement
Default.java (extending VelocityScreen).

Posted by Rodney Schneider <rl...@arcalink.com>.