Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by "Emerson, David" <DE...@emptoris.com> on 2002/09/26 23:00:14 UTC

Link Parser vs. Parameter Mask

I'm using the 1.7.3 release of JMeter and I've got a Test Plan where one of
the HTTP Requests uses a Parameter Mask for some of the parameters (It's
counting down an auction bid so that each successive bid is lower than the
previous one). This seems to work fine. I also need to use a Link Parser to
substitute values for a few other parameters in the same request. The Link
Parser isn't finding the values from the form from the prior response. I've
used the Link Parser before and it seemed to work fine. Should it be
possible to use both modifiers on the same request? I'm using * for the
values that I want the Parameter Mask to substitute and .* for the values
that I want the Link Parser to look for. All the values for the Link Parser
get passed as a literal .*

Thanks.

Re: Link Parser vs. Parameter Mask

Posted by Mike Stover <ms...@apache.org>.
Two suggestions (both of which require you download and compile the latest nightly).

One, try using the new Counter config element instead of the Parameter Mask modifier.  I
think this will fix the ordering problem.  The other suggestion, if that doesn't work, is use the
__regexFunction instead of the HTML Link Parser to grab the value you're interested in.

Both these elements are documented, so you can read about them.

-Mike

--
Michael Stover
mstover1@apache.org