Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by "PROVENZANO Felipe [prestataire]" <fe...@ca-ifcam.fr> on 2021/09/24 12:26:20 UTC

[AMQ] Problem with Durable Subscribers

Hello everyone

I am sorry if this is a frequent asked question, but I haven't found something similar in the archives...

To explain our situation :

-          We are using Activemq 5.15.5 via openwire protocol

-          We had one Durable Subscriber to the Topic X with ClientId Y and Subscription Name Z

-          Our main server is KO and in order to not lose the remaining messages we are trying to access the messages using a second client (other server).

The main problem is we cannot recover the pending messages, even if we connect using the same ClientId and Subscription Name.
Using the admin interface I can confirm that the parameters are correct I can receive new messages , but the previously pending messages are lost.  It feels like ActiveMQ detects that it's not the old subscriber and purge the history.

Maybe I am understanding it wrong, but if  something  connects using a specific Client Id and Subscription Name, when the original Durable Topic Subscriber is offline, I expected the new one to receive all pending messages. Is possible to achieve this ?

I am confused with the current behavior.

Any commentary or documentation is appreciated :)

Thank you very much

Best regards

Felipe

Re: [AMQ] Problem with Durable Subscribers

Posted by Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>.
Can you please describe your second broker and its relationship with the
first? Is it reading from the data file of the KO'ed first broker? Or is
this a network of brokers where both are operational at the same time?

Thanks,
Tim