Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org> on 2022/12/16 10:13:42 UTC

[RELEASES] NBM module spec versions

Hi Eric,

Just noticed while looking at Laszlo's Gradle update post that we have
a bunch of modules in the update centre for the IDE where the
implementation version in the NBM, catalog and module JAR appear to
still be the build and date.  Whereas in the IDE itself the same
modules are getting the version and git hash as everything else.

That includes org.netbeans.modules.gradle/2 and org.netbeans.modules.gradle.java

Something to put on the radar for NB17 schedule anyway.  Haven't had a
chance to look at why yet.  Guess we missed something when we
originally looked at using the hash here?

Best wishes,

Neil

RE: [RELEASES] NBM module spec versions

Posted by Eric Barboni <sk...@apache.org>.
Hi Neil,

About 90 entry with implementation build and date. I have no idea why.
Jar are wrong too they contains date or hash depending on unknow factor.

Best Regards

Posted by Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org>.
On Fri, 16 Dec 2022 at 10:13, Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org> wrote:
> Something to put on the radar for NB17 schedule anyway.  Haven't had a
> chance to look at why yet.  Guess we missed something when we
> originally looked at using the hash here?

Spot the deliberate mistake in the subject line - module
*implementation* versions! :-)

I think we might want to make sure buildnumber is passed in to the
sub-ant property inside build-nbms?  It's calculated wrongly in all
those invocations according to the log, although haven't looked at why
not all modules are affected by that.

Neil