Posted to dev@juddi.apache.org by Anou Manavalan <an...@hotmail.com> on 2004/02/03 15:56:58 UTC

RE: FW: JAXR client Impl as part of jUDDI

Dims,

I was reading through the JAXR documents this weekend. May be you have
repeated this before, but Just making sure, I understand your requirements
right.

   1.  You just need the JAXR client API implementation
   2.  Don't care about how it is implemented ( meaning, not the proper JAXR
behind the scene, it could be wrapping UDDI4J )

Is this true ?

If I implement the client properly, then I need a JAXR provider
implementation, can we use the Sun ? Do we have any licensing problems ?

If we have licensing problems,
The JAXR provider seems to take care of the JAXR object to UDDI objects
conversion part, if we try to wrap the UDDI4J, we would anyway be doing that
conversion and it is just ugly going through something else.
So, I suggest, we try the JAXR implementation, even the provider part just
for the UDDI, atleast this way it will be straight forward.

What do you think ?

regards,
-Anou

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <di...@yahoo.com>.
Anu,

Any way you want to do this is fine with me. Yes, on #1 and #2. Just keep in mind that the LICENSE
for JAXR RI Implementation is VERY restrictive (you can't override functionality even to fix bugs
in their code. you can view the LICENSE if you download JWSDP13)

=====