Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Joshua Slive <js...@gmail.com> on 2004/07/17 16:09:15 UTC

Re: [users@httpd] Apache2

On Sun, 18 Jul 2004 10:50:58 +0600, Muhammad Rizwan Khan
<ri...@nixpanel.com> wrote:

> How to resolve this issue,, when ever i try to start apache2 it gives me this
> error:
>
> Starting httpd: [Sat Jun 05 09:42:38 2004] [error] VirtualHost
> 172.16.16.105:8077 -- mixing * ports and non-* ports with a NameVirtualHost
> address is not supported, proceeding with undefined results

> NOTE: My httpd.conf file is attached with this email for details.

Please include only the relevant portion of httpd.conf in the future.

To fix this, make sure you explicitly specify the port number in both
the NameVirtualHost and <VirtualHost> directives.

Joshua.

Re: [users@httpd] Apache2 start error

Posted by Eimantas Vaiciunas <ei...@sc.vu.lt>.
On Tuesday 20 July 2004 02:47, Consultas wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm installed apache 2.5. When start the service, sent error: <OS 1004> -
> "make_sock: could not bind to address 0.0.0.0:80 no listening sockets
> available, shutting down"
Some other program uses port 80 (maybe you're using Skype or other httpd than
apache?)

[users@httpd] Apache2 start error

Posted by Consultas <mi...@hotmail.com>.
Hi,

I'm installed apache 2.5. When start the service, sent error: <OS 1004> -
"make_sock: could not bind to address 0.0.0.0:80 no listening sockets
available, shutting down"

What is this?

Some body help me, please

Re: [users@httpd] Apache2

Posted by Joshua Slive <js...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 11:47:12 +0600, Muhammad Rizwan Khan
<ri...@nixpanel.com> wrote:

> I guess it is alreay included in <VirtualHost> directives, should i include 2
> NameVirtualHost  directives if i want to use two ports like:
> NameVirtualHost 192.168.0.47:80
> NameVirtualHost 192.168.0.47:8077

Yes.  You need a NameVirtualHost directive for each IP/port
combination on which you plan to host multiple sites.

Joshua.

Re: [users@httpd] Apache2

Posted by Muhammad Rizwan Khan <ri...@nixpanel.com>.

I guess it is alreay included in <VirtualHost> directives, should i include 2
NameVirtualHost  directives if i want to use two ports like:
NameVirtualHost 192.168.0.47:80
NameVirtualHost 192.168.0.47:8077

OR more precisely what i do if i have the following this situation in my
httpf.conf ,,,,to include both 80 and 8077 ports and to avoid warnings, and
is this solution work for both apache 2 and apache 1.3.

Thanks and best regards!

On Saturday 17 July 2004 20:09, Joshua Slive wrote:
> On Sun, 18 Jul 2004 10:50:58 +0600, Muhammad Rizwan Khan
>
> <ri...@nixpanel.com> wrote:
> > How to resolve this issue,, when ever i try to start apache2 it gives me
> > this error:
> >
> > Starting httpd: [Sat Jun 05 09:42:38 2004] [error] VirtualHost
> > 172.16.16.105:8077 -- mixing * ports and non-* ports with a
> > NameVirtualHost address is not supported, proceeding with undefined
> > results
> >

> > NOTE: My httpd.conf file is attached with this email for details.
>
> Please include only the relevant portion of httpd.conf in the future.
>
> To fix this, make sure you explicitly specify the port number in both
> the NameVirtualHost and <VirtualHost> directives.
>
> Joshua.

Muhammad Rizwan Khan
http://nixpanel.com
MSN ID: nixpanel@hotmail.com