Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Jack Woehr <ja...@purematrix.com> on 2001/08/22 21:48:10 UTC

Delete patterns

I wasn't able to figure out a way to abstract deleting a pattern of directories
in the Delete task. Maybe someone can clue me!

In a directory A I have subdirs AA, BB, CC ...

I want to delete AA BB CC but not DD.

With a fileset, I delete the files in AA BB CC but not the dirs.

With Delete directly, I have to have a <delete/> tag for each dir.

How do I pattern this please?

--
Jack J. Woehr     # "I never worry that all hell will break loose.
Senior Consultant #  I worry that half hell will break loose, which

Re: Delete patterns

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Wed, 22 Aug 2001, Jack Woehr <ja...@purematrix.com> wrote:

> In a directory A I have subdirs AA, BB, CC ...
> I want to delete AA BB CC but not DD.

<delete includeEmptyDirs="true">
  <fileset dir="A">
    <include name="AA/**" />
    <include name="BB/**" />
    <include name="CC/**" />
  </fileset>
</delete>

or alternatively

<delete includeEmptyDirs="true">
  <fileset dir="A">
    <exclude name="DD/**" />
    <exclude name="DD" />
  </fileset>
</delete>

and use Ant 1.4beta as includeEmptyDirs has a bug in Ant 1.3.

Stefan