Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Benjamin Marwell <bm...@apache.org> on 2021/03/01 08:45:50 UTC

Re: Core IT failures with AdoptOpenJDK 11 OpenJ9, but not with HotSpot

Hi Falko,

I regularly work with OpenJ9 and encountered such issues. Sometimes it
is a coding error which does not lead to an error in Hotspot,
sometimes it is a J9 problem (e.g. JIT problems, class loading, etc.).

If you want to dig in, there are a few things you can try:
The JVM option -verbose:class will show every class loaded.
You could also enable verbose GC to see if the class got somehow unloaded [1].
If it was loaded and is then unloaded early, you can try to use
-Xnoclassgc [2] and see if that helps.
If it does, please write down the exact commit ID you are working with
and create a github issue [3] at OpenJ9.

Please note that those options might not work on a hotspot VM.

Let us know if you found anything!

- Ben

[1]: https://www.eclipse.org/openj9/docs/xverbosegclog/
[2]: https://www.eclipse.org/openj9/docs/xclassgc/