Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by "atagak xplornet.ca" <at...@xplornet.ca> on 2013/05/02 17:43:21 UTC

Wish for the next AOO

Hey everybody,

Just wondering if it is possible (If it isn't too late?) to include a
transliterator in the next Writer for AOO?

An earlier suggestion to use auto correct didn't work as planned, it would
make a big difference in the way translators do their word processing.

I have created in Visual Basic a notepad that converts roman orthography
into Inuktitut syllabics, and was able to provide the same syllabics to a
Firefox developer who already has an add-on that does the same thing in any
field that firefox can view, and for Thunderbird email, developed in Java I
think?

No other word processor that I know of does this, Microsoft has one, but,
it isn't an orthography to syllabic converter, you have to hold down a key
and map your keyboard with stickers that show you where your syllabics are.

I'm not pro in developing codes, not fluent in other programming languages,
if this is possible, I can provide the syllabic charts and their roman
orthography, and what we type to get that one syllabic letter?

I thank all in advance.

Andrew Tagak Jr.

Re: Wish for the next AOO

Posted by "atagak xplornet.ca" <at...@xplornet.ca>.
Hey Juergen,

I just created a wiki! I'll see what I can do in the next while, and
hopefully get some developers interested in my wish :)

Thanks again.

Take care

Andrew

Re: Wish for the next AOO

Posted by "atagak xplornet.ca" <at...@xplornet.ca>.
Thank you Juergen,

There is no hurry for this, and I will get all the info that I can collect
and hope some time in the future a developer will notice it :)

When the wiki page is created, do I submit the address to the distribution
email list?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Wish for the next AOO

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.