Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Stephen Osella <so...@austin.rr.com> on 2006/11/29 14:48:43 UTC

Any way to output HTML from (for example) a resource bundle?

I tried using f:outputFormat...but that doesn't render the HTML that I have
in a string in a message resource bundle.  Is there any way to do this?
Have HTML in a resource bundle and then have it rendered as HTML in a page?

Thanks!

Re: Any way to output HTML from (for example) a resource bundle?

Posted by Gerald Müllan <bi...@gmail.com>.
> If your problem is that < and > gets rendered as &lt; and &gt;, add
> escape="false" to the h:outputFormat tag. Note, this is h:outputFormat,
> not f:outputFormat.

Yes, or just put escape="false" to an outputText component.

But i would be little careful with this, especially taking html stuff
from resource bundles. This makes your view layer much more less
readable and more difficult to maintain.

Also it`s more difficult to see at a first glance what the output will be.

cheers,

Gerald

--
http://www.irian.at

Your JSF powerhouse -
JSF Consulting, Development and
Courses in English and German

Professional Support for Apache MyFaces

Re: Any way to output HTML from (for example) a resource bundle?

Posted by David Delbecq <de...@oma.be>.