Posted to users@felix.apache.org by LongkerDandy <lo...@gmail.com> on 2010/08/26 18:07:21 UTC

UPnP and OSGi R4 Compendium Bundle

Hi
Just find out Felix now support UPnP, very excited.
I did some test, seems work well.

I have a question about the "OSGi R4 Compendium Bundle",
Which seems to be a dependency of UPnP base driver.

I've been using felix for a while but never seen a bundle need this,
I thought Felix is a implement of this.

Plus, the version I got from obr is  OSGi R4 Compendium Bundle 4.0.0;
It seems to be very old, there is a 4.1.0 version quite a while.

I tried to update it to 4.1.0, and seems also works.

So which one should I use?

PS:
I'm think to make a UPnP A/V Media Server with Felix UPnP bridge,
is that possible?

Re: UPnP and OSGi R4 Compendium Bundle

Posted by "niibasta@gmail.com" <ni...@gmail.com>.
  Yes, it's possible, if you'll implement A/V Media Server specification.

Posted by Stefano Lenzi <le...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Aug 27, 2010 at 15:23, Richard S. Hall <he...@ungoverned.org> wrote:
>  On 8/26/10 22:31, LongkerDandy wrote:
>
> However, it is generally not a good idea to install the compendium JAR as a
> bundle. The UPnP bundle would likely be better off including and exporting
> (and importing) the OSGi UPnP packages inside of it. I don't really do much
> work on the UPnP subproject, but maybe someone who does could think about
> making a few minor changes and do a new release to make it self-contained,
> Stefano?

Yes the Felix UPnP Base Driver bundle does not contain the services
interface at the moment, and there is no problem for adding them.

Posted by "Stefano \"Kismet\" Lenzi" <ki...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.
  On 8/26/10 22:31, LongkerDandy wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 27, 2010 at 3:25 AM, Richard S. Hall<he...@ungoverned.org>wrote:
>
>>   On 8/26/10 12:07, LongkerDandy wrote:
>>
>>> Hi
>>> Just find out Felix now support UPnP, very excited.
>>> I did some test, seems work well.
>>>
>>> I have a question about the "OSGi R4 Compendium Bundle",
>>> Which seems to be a dependency of UPnP base driver.
>>>
>>> I've been using felix for a while but never seen a bundle need this,
>>> I thought Felix is a implement of this.
>>>
>>> Plus, the version I got from obr is  OSGi R4 Compendium Bundle 4.0.0;
>>> It seems to be very old, there is a 4.1.0 version quite a while.
>>>
>>> I tried to update it to 4.1.0, and seems also works.
>>>
>>> So which one should I use?
>>>
>> You should use the version it depends on. I'm not sure if those packages
>> have changed anyway...check the package versions, they might actually be the
>> same.
>>
>> ->  richard
>>

> Thanks richard
>
> I checked the files, both OSGi R4 Compendium Bundle 4.0.0/4.1.0 have the
> same version upnp service.
> But according to maven history the OSGi R4 Compendium Bundle 4.1.0 is there
> quite a while.
> The one I'm using now is org.osgi.compendium-1.4.0.jar.
> I believe the OSGi R4 Compendium Bundle 4.1.0 is reference to OSGi 4.1
> specification, shouldn't felix compatible with it?

This has nothing to do with the Felix framework, this has to do with the
UPnP bundles. Since they likely implement compendium interfaces, then
you have to use whatever they are compatible with. If you are saying
that the two OSGi releases contain the same versions of the UPnP
packages, then it doesn't matter which you use.

Posted by LongkerDandy <lo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.