Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Joe Brockmeier <jz...@zonker.net> on 2013/04/26 15:12:01 UTC

[DOCS] Rebuilding Docs this weekend + adding draft docs

Hey all,

FYI - I'm planning on re-building the docs this weekend with Publican
3.x and adding the docs for 4.1.0 and 4.2.0 (master) as "draft" docs. I
think we should start putting up the docs from master in draft form so
folks have an easier time getting to them while testing, etc.

Thoughts, comments, flames?

Best,

jzb
--
Joe Brockmeier
jzb@zonker.net

Re: [DOCS] Rebuilding Docs this weekend + adding draft docs

Posted by Jessica Tomechak <je...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 1:56 AM, Jessica Tomechak <
jessica.tomechak@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 26, 2013 at 9:11 AM, Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>wrote:

> By this I assume you mean putting them up on the site,
> http://cloudstack.apache.org/docs/, is that correct?
>
> btw, I don't think I have permissions on the infrastructure, so I can't
> help with uploading new doc  versions. I am happy to let others handle the
> task, as that has worked just fine so far. But if you do want to add an
> extra backup resource in case another person is ever needed, I'd be happy
> to have an account and some how-to instructions.

Ah, I now see the how-to instructions:
https://cwiki.apache.org/CLOUDSTACK/releasing-docs.html

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>.
On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 01:56:01AM -0700, Jessica Tomechak wrote:
> By this I assume you mean putting them up on the site,
> http://cloudstack.apache.org/docs/, is that correct?

Yes

> btw, I don't think I have permissions on the infrastructure, so I can't
> help with uploading new doc  versions.

All committers have the correct permissions

Re: [DOCS] Rebuilding Docs this weekend + adding draft docs

Posted by Jessica Tomechak <je...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>.

Posted by David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>.
On Fri, Apr 26, 2013 at 11:15 AM, Sebastien Goasguen <ru...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Apr 26, 2013, at 9:12 AM, Joe Brockmeier <jz...@zonker.net> wrote:
>
>> Hey all,
>>
>> FYI - I'm planning on re-building the docs this weekend with Publican
>> 3.x and adding the docs for 4.1.0 and 4.2.0 (master) as "draft" docs. I
>> think we should start putting up the docs from master in draft form so
>> folks have an easier time getting to them while testing, etc.
>>
>> Thoughts, comments, flames?
>
> Just a request to build in every available language…even if translation is partial.
> This will encourage translators to finish :)

+1 to publishing every language possible.

--David

Re: [DOCS] Rebuilding Docs this weekend + adding draft docs

Posted by Sebastien Goasguen <ru...@gmail.com>.