Posted to users@jena.apache.org by Rob Vesse <rv...@dotnetrdf.org> on 2014/05/01 10:49:38 UTC

Re: Failure initializing default system SSL context

Is there a particular reason why you are using an old version of Jena?

2.10.0 is from Feb 2013 so about a year or so out of date, we've made
three releases since and 2.11.1 is the latest stable release

Rob

AW: Failure initializing default system SSL context

Posted by "Zindel, Andreas" <An...@eads.net>.
The reason why I use Jena 2.10.0 is an IllegalAccessError exception with Pellet that I get whenever I use a Jena version post 2.10.0.

The error message looks like this:

	java.lang.IllegalAccessError: tried to access field com.hp.hpl.jena.reasoner.BaseInfGraph.isPrepared from class org.mindswap.pellet.jena.PelletInfGraph
	at org.mindswap.pellet.jena.PelletInfGraph.isPrepared(PelletInfGraph.java:178)
	at org.mindswap.pellet.jena.PelletInfGraph.prepare(PelletInfGraph.java:234)
	at org.mindswap.pellet.jena.PelletInfGraph.prepare(PelletInfGraph.java:230)
	at org.mindswap.pellet.jena.PelletInfGraph.isConsistent(PelletInfGraph.java:258)
	…

I got this information from http://datababel.wordpress.com/2013/06/18/jena-2-10-1-and-pellet-2-3-4-illegalaccesserror/

I would gladly switch to a newer release but I guess that I have to use a different reasoned since Pellet doesn't seem to work with newer releases of Jena.
Can you recommend a different Reasoner that is comparable with Pellet?

Greetings