Posted to oak-dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Julian Reschke <ju...@gmx.de> on 2017/05/05 10:30:47 UTC

when to close bugs

Hi there,

we currently close bugs when a release is made which fixes the bug.

This can lead to somewhat strange effects, if a stable release is made
before a release from trunk happened.

For instance, OAK-5641 was marked closed when 1.4.14 was released, but
we it's not actually fixed in any unstable release from trunk.

Best regards, Julian

Re: when to close bugs

Posted by Alex Parvulescu <al...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

This might be a side effect of the many maintenance branches we have. Based
on the current process, releasing any of them would mark the issue as
'closed', but I think it should be fine as long as the people doing the
releases don't lose track of these issues.
For example branch 1.2 might have 2 open issues which get closed by a 1.4
release, and if someone were to only check 'open issues' against the 1.2
branch, they'd be wrongly assuming that there is no reason to release 1.2
as there's nothing fixed.

Otherwise confusion wrt. release version dates can be easily cleared by
looking at the versions tab in JIRA, right? [0]

best,
alex

[0]
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OAK/?selectedTab=com.atlassian.jira.jira-projects-plugin:versions-panel