Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "SEGOUFFIN, Pascal" <ps...@eurosport.com> on 2005/03/28 16:20:28 UTC

RE : [users@httpd] Strange Problem

Would be good to know if you had memory problems at that time too, i was running apache 2.0.53 on suse 9.2 and had memory leak problems even with apache not using any special modules. When the system started to swap, the server was not responding, and sometimes after some minutes the kernel managed to kill httpd and the cycle could start again ... running fine ..then memory leak ..then pache and system stuck again.

I m running no apache 1.3.33 on the same server and system and i have no more problems. The memory gets to 10 000 KB free and dont move from there nor swap.

Pascal

Posted by apache <ap...@ayni.com>.
Hi Yannis
i had a similar problem like yours on a machine with much less load than
yours.
i had run apache in the worker mpm (i.e. threaded) with a php processer,
the thread handling of which i was not sure about.
my solution: run apache in the profork mpm and no problem anymore.
it seams as if the apache thread handling could not cooperate with the
php thread handling at a certain (imprevisible) point in time.

suomi

Posted by Yannis Tsakiris <gt...@dolnet.gr>.
> Would be good to know if you had memory problems at that time too, i was
> running apache 2.0.53 on suse 9.2 and had memory leak problems even with
> apache not using any special modules. When the system started to swap, the
> server was not responding, and sometimes after some minutes the kernel
> managed to kill httpd and the cycle could start again ... running fine
> ..then memory leak ..then pache and system stuck again.
> I m running no apache 1.3.33 on the same server and system and i have no
> more problems. The memory gets to 10 000 KB free and dont move from there
> nor swap.
> Pascal

# free