Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Shenfeng Liu <li...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/22 16:48:23 UTC

Defect Status wiki

Thanks for Rob's defect chart!
While, I think there are more defect status worthy to trace to give people
the overall picture of AOO quality status. So I created a AOO Defect Status
Report<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+Defect+Status+Report>wiki
to list what in my mind. I will think about how to merge the
information to the defect chart page below when I figure out how to create
multiple charts in one page.

The information can include:
  (1) Snapshot data that tell us the backlog status that need developer,
tester and release manager's attention.
  (2) Weekly progress similar to the defect chart page below to show our
achievements.
  (3) Top contributors in different areas for recognition and to show our
appreciation. (but unfortunately I don't know how to create the queries...
:-(  )

Some questions I have:
  (1) I'm a poor BZ user. Those marked in red mean I don't know how to
create the query (or list corresponding columns). I wonder if any one give
the suggestion?
  (2) I'm not sure what's the difference between the status *Verified* and
*Closed*. IMO all the defects verified should finally be closed.
  (3) Any more queries?

Any comments are welcome!

- Simon

Re: Defect Status wiki

Posted by Shenfeng Liu <li...@gmail.com>.
Andrea,
  Thanks for your explanation!
  I think we can just follow the original process if the development is on
a feature branch, and close the defect only when the fix is available on
main trunk or a release. While if the fix is delivered directly to trunk or
a release branch, we can take the lighter approach and go quickly to CLOSED
status.

- Simon

Re: Defect Status wiki

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.