Posted to dev@ctakes.apache.org by "Chen, Pei" <Pe...@childrens.harvard.edu> on 2014/11/06 21:55:23 UTC

ctakes-dictionary-lookup-fast

Hi,
The original plan was to update AggregatePlaintextUMLSProcessor.xml to use the new ultrafast dictionary lookup in the upcoming 3.2.1 release.
However, the output is slightly different the old cTAKES dictionary where it no longer has a SNOMED/RXNORM consumer (Returns CUI's only and doesn't post process map back to the SNOMED/RXNORM codes.)  This can certainly be done again, but I am not sure how many people are dependent on the AggregatePlaintextUMLSProcessor.xml to consider this a patch release.
Some Options/Ideas:

1)      Create a AggreatePlaintextUMLSFastProcessor.xml which defaults to dictionary-lookup-fast. But doesn't return the codes for now.  We replace the default pipeline when SNOMED/RXNORM codes are returned again.

2)      Push forward with defaulting to the new dictionary-lookup-fast in AggregatePlaintextUMLSProcessor.xml

Example output of dictionary-lookup-fast:

[cid:image001.png@01CFF9D9.E5D2CA50]

RE: ctakes-dictionary-lookup-fast

Posted by "Finan, Sean" <Se...@childrens.harvard.edu>.
By Pei:
> As much as I hate maintaining more desc xml's, but I think it's prudent to create a separate one for a patch release temporarily for ctakes-dictionary-lookup-fast so users do not get blindsided by the change in output.

By Sean:
Excellent idea

Posted by "Masanz, James J." <Ma...@mayo.edu>.
sounds good to me.