Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by Anthony Fryer <ap...@hotmail.com> on 2014/07/16 14:36:02 UTC

Is there a CXF Async thread pool?

I have a project running in tomee and i've just implemented using jax-ws
asynchronous web service calls.

Do jax-ws async calls use a different async thread pool to the pool
configured using AsynchronousPool.CorePoolSize?

Does cxf use nio by default for async web service calls?

Thanks,

Anthony

Re: Is there a CXF Async thread pool?

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Hi

tomee 2.0 you meant ;)

We don't configure cxf clients (actually we don't interact with cxf at
this level) so you have to configure it when creating it. Can be done
getting the endpoint (ClientProxy can help) and setting the executor
on the endpoint (client side).

Romain Manni-Bucau
Twitter: @rmannibucau
Blog: http://rmannibucau.wordpress.com/
Github: https://github.com/rmannibucau

Posted by Anthony Fryer <ap...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by Anthony Fryer <ap...@hotmail.com>.
Romain Manni-Bucau wrote
>  I'd like to
> get 2.0.x-alpha where we are neither javaee 7 nor certified but in between
> ee6 and 7 where we could have cxf 3

Sounds good.  Lack of certification isn't a big issue for me compared to
getting NIO capability for calling web services.  After playing with the NIO
client over the past few days, I'm now addicted and need to have it :)

Re: Is there a CXF Async thread pool?

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Hard => should be 1h to get it integrated
Possible => not since we wouldn't be certified anymore

I didnt throw the topic yet cause we need to release 1.7 but I'd like to

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
No but deltaspike BeanProvider can help ;)

Posted by Anthony Fryer <ap...@hotmail.com>.
Romain Manni-Bucau wrote

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alex Soto <as...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alex Soto <as...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andy Gumbrecht <ag...@tomitribe.com>.
Anthony,

TomEE 1.7.0 is still CXF 2.6.14 - 2.0.0-SNAPSHOT will be the one to watch.

Andy.

On 16/07/2014 15:08, Anthony Fryer wrote:
> I might wait for tomee 1.7.   That's coming soon right? :)

   Andy Gumbrecht

   http://www.tomitribe.com
   agumbrecht@tomitribe.com
   https://twitter.com/AndyGeeDe

   TomEE treibt Tomitribe! | http://tomee.apache.org

Re: Is there a CXF Async thread pool?

Posted by Anthony Fryer <ap...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Oops, checked master sources (3.0 actually).

You are right. If you are 100% client you can use a tomee web profile
and add cxf either in tomee or your app. If not I didn't check it
recently but there should be a way to provide the client in your app
too.

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Hi Anthony,

different thread pool for sure

if you set the http conduit to async then it will use nio

http://cxf.apache.org/docs/asynchronous-client-http-transport.html should help