Posted to dev@ode.apache.org by Matthieu Riou <ma...@gmail.com> on 2007/06/07 18:53:25 UTC

Mentors, PPMC and guidance

Hi guys,

Just a quick update on our mentors and PPMC issues (which is more about our
absence of PPMC). I've started a discussion with the Incubator PMC to raise
some concerns about the ODE PPMC not reflecting the community and being
actually almost non existent, as only Dims provided help and guidance so
far.

As a result, Paul Fremantle reasserted his desire to help us, perhaps a bit
more actively, and Niclas Hedhman has also volunteered to become a mentor,
which is really great. The vote to appoint Niclas is currently happening on
general@i.a.o and should close in a couple of days.

The PPMC will then be formed, most probably including all active committers
willing to be part of it and our mentors. Right after,  we'll seriously
start thinking of graduation.

Good stuff!

Matthieu