Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com> on 2020/10/10 14:28:21 UTC

Pruning Git branches

Do we have any convention that would prevent removing branches that are associated with JIRAs that have been fixed?

There are something like 8 gradle branches that are leftovers from the initial attempts to move to Gradle, I’ll remove them in a day or two absent objections.

Re: Pruning Git branches

Posted by Dawid Weiss <da...@gmail.com>.
If you turn them into tags with some prefix then I see no problem there -
the commit history is preserved, the branch itself can be removed.

Re: Pruning Git branches

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.

Re: Pruning Git branches

Posted by Dawid Weiss <da...@gmail.com>.