Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Mike Franon <ko...@gmail.com> on 2011/03/03 16:17:55 UTC

error in log INFO org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore - webapp=/solr path=/admin/ping params={} status=0 QTime=1

I am using solr under jboss, so this might be more of a jboss config
issue, not really sure.  But my logs keep getting spammed, because
solr sends it as ERROR [STDERR] INFO org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore -
webapp=/solr path=/admin/ping params={} status=0 QTime=1

Has anyone seen this and found a workaround to not send this as an Error?

Thanks,
Mike

Re: error in log INFO org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore - webapp=/solr path=/admin/ping params={} status=0 QTime=1

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: I am using solr under jboss, so this might be more of a jboss config
: issue, not really sure.  But my logs keep getting spammed, because
: solr sends it as ERROR [STDERR] INFO org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore -
: webapp=/solr path=/admin/ping params={} status=0 QTime=1
:
: Has anyone seen this and found a workaround to not send this as an Error?

that's not an error -- that's Solr logging a message using the "INFO"
level which some other code is then prepending "ERROR [STDERR] " in front
of.

My guess: your installation is setup so that Java Util Logging goes to
System.err by default, and then something in JBoss has remapped System.err
to an internal stream that it then processes/redirects and lets you know
that those lines were written to STDERR (and treats them as an error) ...
most likely everything Solr ever logs is being written out that way (not
just those INFO messages from SolrCore.

Solr users the SLF4J abstraction to do it's logging, and by default ships
with the SLF4J-to-JUL bridge (because JUL logging is the one type of
logging garunteed to be supported by every servlet container w/o any
external dependencies or risk of class path collision).  You should
investigate how to configure JUL logging for your JBoss installation to
get those messages somewhere more useful then STDERR, and/or change the
SLF4J bindings that are in use in your Solr installation...

	http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrLogging

-Hoss