Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Akira Ajisaka <aa...@apache.org> on 2020/05/22 02:44:03 UTC

Re: Hadoop QBT job always failing

+CC: common-dev

Hi Gavin,

The job worked as expected in #146 and it helps us to find failed tests and
build errors.
https://ci-hadoop.apache.org/job/hadoop-qbt-trunk-java8-linux-x86_64/146/

However, the job itself failed in #147 and #148 by "pipe closed after 0
cycles"
https://ci-hadoop.apache.org/job/hadoop-qbt-trunk-java8-linux-x86_64/147/console
https://ci-hadoop.apache.org/job/hadoop-qbt-trunk-java8-linux-x86_64/148/console
Have you ever seen this type of error before in other jobs?

The QBT job ran full build and full tests. Hadoop has many flaky tests and
always some of them fail.
In addition, there are many other warnings and errors. We have to fix them
but it seems the priority is not so high.
That way the job status is always marked as a failure.

Thanks,
Akira

Posted by Akira Ajisaka <aa...@apache.org>.
Hi Gavin,

> I haven't; and I see the error continues, let me investigate further.

The error continues. Would you check these?
https://ci-hadoop.apache.org/job/hadoop-qbt-trunk-java8-linux-x86_64/173/console
https://ci-hadoop.apache.org/job/hadoop-qbt-trunk-java8-linux-x86_64/174/console

Thanks,
Akira