Posted to users@pdfbox.apache.org by Mehmet Fatih ÇİN <mf...@outlook.com.tr> on 2023/02/25 08:24:02 UTC

How can I reduce the size of scanned PDF files?

hello everyone,
 I need to reduce the size of a PDF file I scanned from a scanner.  How can I do this with PDF Box?

Re: How can I reduce the size of scanned PDF files?

Posted by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de>.
On 25.02.2023 09:24, Mehmet Fatih ÇİN wrote:
> hello everyone,
>   I need to reduce the size of a PDF file I scanned from a scanner.  How can I do this with PDF Box?

This depends on the file. Please share one. The best thing to do would
be to scan these files properly.

Tilman

Re: How can I reduce the size of scanned PDF files?

Posted by Lachezar Dobrev <l....@gmail.com>.
  Typical scanners would scan to PDF by creating a page with one image
spanning the whole page. Some scanners that have built-in OCR may put
transparent text over the scanned image for select-and-copy purposes.
Typically though the compression of the large image can stand to
improvement.
  Easiest way to reduce the size of such PDFs is to re-encode the
images using a better compression algorithm. Also reducing the density
of said images can yield significant size reduction at the expense of
reducing the readability of the document (more or less depending on
the original density).

  Maybe start here:
  https://stackoverflow.com/questions/54744038/replace-inline-images-in-pdf-with-pdfbox

На сб, 25.02.2023 г. в 10:24 ч. Mehmet Fatih ÇİN
<mf...@outlook.com.tr> написа: