Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Shashi Dahal <s....@leaseweb.com> on 2013/05/03 11:54:46 UTC

RE: [ACS41] 2 bugs that need someone to look into them! - one more

Hi Guys,

I just discovered a new bug. I have opened a jira ticket https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-2319 as a blocker for 4.1.0

Summary of the issue:  unable to add egress rules,  outbound traffic from VMs blocked

Environment: Advance Networking with Security Groups

VMS that were running on 2.2.14 have just ingress rules.
VMS after the upgrade will also  have egress rules, which are blank by default.
The traffic becomes one way, you will be able to SSH to the VM, and ping the VM, but you will not be able to ssh and ping to the outside world from the VM.

When I try to add egress rule from the management interface, it just stalls, and there are no corresponding logs in the management server.
I have noticed that when I try to add an ingress rule, there is a corresponding DEBUG entry in management server:  cloud.api.ApiServlet
But in case of egress rules, there is nothing at all.. The rules don't get added ..   the process just shows "adding..."

Cheers,
Shashi