Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by ying lcs <yi...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/14 18:32:23 UTC

Adding web service in an existing web app

Hi,

I have an existing web app running on Tomcat. Can you please tell me
how can I export part of my web app as a web service?  All the
examples I found is running on a standalone server or running it as a
war file itself.

Thank you for any pointers.

Re: Adding web service in an existing web app

Posted by ying lcs <yi...@gmail.com>.
>From the install guide,
http://ws.apache.org/axis/java/install.html

It said '
If you are experienced in web application development, and especially
if you wish to add web services to an existing or complex webapp, you
can take an alternate approach to running Axis. Instead of adding your
classes to the Axis webapp, you can add Axis to your application.

The core concepts are

   1. Add axis.jar, wsdl.jar, saaj.jar, jaxrpc.jar and the other
dependent libraries to your WAR file."

My question is what are other dependent libraries of axis2?

Thank you.