Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Zeitlin, Mike" <Ze...@daugherty.com> on 2002/10/31 23:01:40 UTC

error message

Hope this hasn't already been mentioned,  but I couldn't find it anywhere.

It seems that struts1.1 is throwing an incorrectly worded error message when
trying to dynamically generate a radio tag in an iterate.

for example,  if I have a snippet of jsp code like this:

        <nested:iterate property="partsAvailable" id="available">
              <nested:radio property="../availableSelected"
idName="available" value="ID"/>
         </nested:iterate>

The getter for the id property looks like this:

public String getId(){

   return this.id;
}

Obviously, this throws an exception since ID should not be capitalized in
the nested tag.  The problem is that it will throw this exception:

            Exception caught: javax.servlet.ServletException: No getter
method available for
            property currentForm.availableSelected for bean under name

            createContractForm

Is this really the appropriate error message for this situation?  It seems
that it should display that the getter method for the id property is not
available.

Thanks,
Michael Zeitlin
Daugherty Systems