Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by Eugeny N Dzhurinsky <bo...@marka.net.ua> on 2003/01/30 15:59:43 UTC

RunData re-creating

we're using Turbine in our project (version 2.2) and we found this issue :
RunData object never recreated per each request! We found comments in
Turbine sources (TurbineRunDataService.java) which are describing that
Turbine must recreate it.

----------------------------------- cut -----------------------------------
    public RunData getRunData(String key,
                              HttpServletRequest req,
                              HttpServletResponse res,
                              ServletConfig config)
        throws TurbineException,
               IllegalArgumentException
    {
        // The RunData object caches all the information that is needed for
        // the execution lifetime of a single request. A RunData object
        // is created/recycled for each and every request and is passed
        // to each and every module. Since each thread has its own RunData
        // object, it is not necessary to perform syncronization for
        // the data within this object.

Any suggestions?

Eugeny N. Dzhurinsky                       WEB-developer

Re: RunData re-creating

Posted by "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <hp...@intermeta.de>.
Eugeny N Dzhurinsky <bo...@marka.net.ua> writes:

>we're using Turbine in our project (version 2.2) and we found this issue :
>RunData object never recreated per each request! We found comments in
>Turbine sources (TurbineRunDataService.java) which are describing that
>Turbine must recreate it.

You get the same object if you're running in "classic debug mode" (one
user, one session, no load), because it gets pulled through the
recycle (cache service).

If you rely on this, you die the second you get load and multiple users
on your app. BTDTGBGTT [1].

	Regards
		Henning

[1] Been there. Done that. Got burned. Got the T-Shirt.

--
Dipl.-Inf. (Univ.) Henning P. Schmiedehausen                  INTERMETA GmbH
hps@intermeta.de           +49 9131 50 654 0        http://www.intermeta.de/

  Java, perl, Solaris, Linux, xSP Consulting, Web Services -- hero for hire
        freelance consultant -- Jakarta Turbine Development  -- RHSCLG