Posted to dev@druid.apache.org by Charles Allen <ch...@snap.com.INVALID> on 2019/02/12 17:40:50 UTC

Dev sync

I am unable to host the dev sync this week.

Is anyone finding utility out of these? the dev list seems pretty active
these days, so the legacy utility of the dev sync is very muted (this is a
good thing). Unless people are finding specific utility out of a weekly
video sync up, I propose it be postponed indefinitely until a need can be
identified.

Thoughts?

Re: Dev sync

Posted by Eyal Yurman <ey...@verizonmedia.com.INVALID>.
I agree that syncing is done better via other mediums.

Actually, I have a different suggestion for live meetings but I'll post it
separately, so not to hijack this conversation.

Re: Dev sync

Posted by Gian Merlino <gi...@apache.org>.

Re: Dev sync

Posted by Roman Leventov <le...@gmail.com>.
I agree. I (probably some other people too) don't find video syncs useful
enough to attend, but some discussions happen there that might be missed.
IMO it's better to focus on fewer communication mediums: Github issues and
dev list.