Posted to issues@cxf.apache.org by hamlax <ha...@gmail.com> on 2011/09/01 10:25:40 UTC

plain maven project on server side, rcp on client side

Hey guys,

I am facing issues when developing the webservice consumer in eclipse rcp.

what i have is a plain maven server project, that sets up the cxf
dependencies, contains an xml file that creates the endpoints and uses
jax-ws and jaxb. exported as a war and deployed in a tomcat container, this
works just fine.

problems start when i want to get the rcp client up and running ...

what i did first was to develop a consumer in a plain maven project. works
just fine. i used a context xml that contained the following:

<jaxws:client id="activityServiceClient"
serviceClass="de.c1wps.geneal.hpa.domain.obstacleactivity.service.IActivityService"
		address="http://localhost:8080/HPA-IPM-WS/ActivityService" />

everything works ...

now the problem is to get all the cxf dependencies wrapped as bundles and
punched into the rcp target platform ... this is harder than it seems ... i
found the DOSGi distribution of cxf, but for some reason this does not help
either. it looks like it expects a osgi server too. when i add the
single-osgi-distribution bundle to the client target platform and set up the
context xml, it throws exceptions all over the place.

please advise :-)

Re: plain maven project on server side, rcp on client side

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Thursday, September 01, 2011 1:25:40 AM hamlax wrote:
> now the problem is to get all the cxf dependencies wrapped as bundles and
> punched into the rcp target platform ... this is harder than it seems ... i
> found the DOSGi distribution of cxf, but for some reason this does not help
> either. it looks like it expects a osgi server too. when i add the
> single-osgi-distribution bundle to the client target platform and set up the
> context xml, it throws exceptions all over the place.

My suggestion would be to look at the Karaf features file (or even just use Karaf) that we have:

http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/cxf/karaf/apache-cxf/2.4.2/apache-cxf-2.4.2-features.xml

it would list most of the bundles that would be needed for the various dependencies and such.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org

Re: plain maven project on server side, rcp on client side

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org