Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Olivier Mauras <ol...@core-hosting.net> on 2013/07/22 15:54:27 UTC

Cloudstack and glusterfs native implementation

Hello,

Now that glusterfs 3.4 is officially out and that qemu and
libvirt support it, would that be possible to use glusterfs native
implementation as main storage??
Native implementation performances are
really better than using fuse or NFS mountpoint. It would be nice to be
able to this feature.

I haven't found anything so i guess the support
just doesn't exists yet, is that planned for next release? Is there some
workaround to enable it on current version?

Thanks,
Olivier

Re: Cloudstack and glusterfs native implementation

Posted by David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>.
The feature could be added to the repository at essentially anytime. I
am not sure when the folks working on it will have it done.
I've cced Ilya - he's backported freshly developed features for
CloudStack to stable releases for his distribution, called CloudSand,
and perhaps he'd consider doing something similar for this feature.

--David

On 2013-07-22 16:01, David Nalley wrote:

> Hi Olivier,
>
> The folks from Appcore were also recently talking
about this, and
> after seeing the performance difference in libgfapi
and FUSE I am
> certainly interested in getting this integrated.
> 4.2
is already in feature freeze, and we are chronologically close to

releasing it, so it won't be in the next feature version, but could

certainly appear in the one that follows.

> On Mon, Jul 22, 2013 at
9:54 AM, Olivier Mauras

Posted by David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>.
Hi Olivier,