Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Claas Thiele <ct...@ct42.de> on 2004/07/07 22:34:45 UTC

inserver unit testing

Hi,

I've written a JUnit adapter making JUnit tests inside a Cocoon servlet
possible.

advantages are;
- no mock objects for context creation needed
- testing of special servlet environments (i.e. weblogic) possible
- standard junit reporting (ant, maven) can be used

There is a CocoonTestCase extending TestCase having the objectmodel and
servicemanager as member variables. This is the base class for testcases
running on serverside. And there is a TestCaseReader to be included in
the sitemap. Its for activating the testcases and sending back the results.

Maybe, it can make testing Cocoon easier.

Claas

Re: inserver unit testing

Posted by Claas Thiele <ct...@ct42.de>.
Sylvain Wallez wrote:
> It certainly can help... if we can get our hands on the code ;-)
>
> If you consider contributing this code, please add it to bugzilla.
>
> Thanks,
> Sylvain

Done. Its Bugzilla Bug 29970

Claas

Re: inserver unit testing

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@apache.org>.
Claas Thiele wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've written a JUnit adapter making JUnit tests inside a Cocoon
> servlet possible.
>
> advantages are;
> - no mock objects for context creation needed
> - testing of special servlet environments (i.e. weblogic) possible
> - standard junit reporting (ant, maven) can be used
>
> There is a CocoonTestCase extending TestCase having the objectmodel
> and servicemanager as member variables. This is the base class for
> testcases running on serverside. And there is a TestCaseReader to be
> included in the sitemap. Its for activating the testcases and sending
> back the results.

Looks like a great job!