Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Len Shein <ls...@verizon.net> on 2010/04/01 18:02:14 UTC

Product Configuration

Can anyone please explain the usage of the following product fields:

quantityUomId

quantityIncluded

amountUomTypeId

I have been spinning around trying to figure out their usage for sometime
now and after reviewing the latest release on
https://demo-trunk.ofbiz.apache.org/webtools/control/main my understanding
has been completely thrown. In this version the quantity UOM Id drop down is
filled with only currency measures; is this correct?

For Example

If I wanted to model product (A) as 50 ft of cable are these fields used?

In my understanding:

*	Product = Product A

*         quantityUomId = Length

*         quantityIncluded = 50

*         amountUomTypeId = Ft

Thank You

Len Shein

lshein@salmonllc.com

lshein@verizon.net

516.742.7888 ext.225

732.333.4303

Re: Product Configuration

Posted by Scott Gray <sc...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
On 1/04/2010, at 10:02 AM, Len Shein wrote:

> Can anyone please explain the usage of the following product fields:
>
> quantityUomId
>
> quantityIncluded
>
> amountUomTypeId
>

> I have been spinning around trying to figure out their usage for sometime
> now and after reviewing the latest release on
> https://demo-trunk.ofbiz.apache.org/webtools/control/main my understanding
> has been completely thrown. In this version the quantity UOM Id drop down is
> filled with only currency measures; is this correct?

No that's not correct, someone decided to randomly change it.  Thanks for the report, fixed in r930477.

Regards
Scott