Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Barbara Post <ba...@ifrance.com> on 2002/09/03 16:05:07 UTC

Today usability of 2.1 version ?

Hi, I finally may use 2.1 version but need to know : are the main components
in use in 2.0.3 version still stable ? New components may be less stable,
ok.

What is the difference between 2.1-dev and 2.1 beta ? What's missing today
from cvs-head ?

What about sunRise, is it as stable as in 2.0.3 ? There is a NPE with 2.0.3,
jdk 1.3.1 and sunrise-lougout action...

Thanks a lot (I want to use SourceWritingTransformer so rather moving now
than recompiling Cocoon-2.0.3.jar ?). And there are new functionalities that
may help myself too...

Barbara

RE: Today usability of 2.1 version ?

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.
Barbara Post wrote:

> Thanks Carsten, I will try it and help debugging if I can... at least post
> bugs. Does caching problem involve that I may have sudden deaths
> of Tomcat ?

No, I don't think so - you might get a NPE very rarely but this should not
kill Tomcat.

Carsten

Re: Today usability of 2.1 version ?

Posted by Barbara Post <ba...@ifrance.com>.
Thanks Carsten, I will try it and help debugging if I can... at least post
bugs. Does caching problem involve that I may have sudden deaths of Tomcat ?

I will update it again and fully retest my app before we go on production
stage...

Barbara
Posted by Antonio Gallardo Rivera <ag...@agsoftware.dnsalias.com>.
OK Lets go to 2.1!

I will give a try in it.

:)

Antonio Gallardo

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.
Barbara Post wrote:

> Hi, I finally may use 2.1 version but need to know : are the main
> components
> in use in 2.0.3 version still stable ? New components may be less stable,
> ok.

This is not easy to anser. Most main components are still stable in 2.1,
but some core components have changed - and most of them are stable, too.
But there seems to be some minor problems in the current caching
implementation of 2.1 - which should be fixed soon - the more people try
out 2.1, the more bugs are found, the stabler it gets.

> What is the difference between 2.1-dev and 2.1 beta ? What's missing today
> from cvs-head ?

There are no real plans for 2.1 beta yet.

> What about sunRise, is it as stable as in 2.0.3 ? There is a NPE
> with 2.0.3,
> jdk 1.3.1 and sunrise-lougout action...

I think sunRise, sunSpot and also the SourceWritingTransformer are more
stable in 2.1 than in 2.0.3.

> Thanks a lot (I want to use SourceWritingTransformer so rather moving now
> than recompiling Cocoon-2.0.3.jar ?). And there are new
> functionalities that
> may help myself too...

Carsten