Posted to wsrp4j-user@portals.apache.org by "adrien.geymond@aliceadsl.fr" <ad...@aliceadsl.fr> on 2007/02/22 12:16:05 UTC

Image use in css

Hello,

I am currently migrating an application to a wsrp portlet
and i am strucked with an issue with image in css style for
list or background image.

Please find below an example of style for a list ;
LI.blue_item {
	list-style-image: url(../../img/bullet_blue.gif);
	list-style-position : inside;
}

It is clear that in wsrp context, the producer can not get
the image. I do not have any idea about the way to solve
this issue

Does somedy has already facing this kind of problem ?
Does somedy see a workaround or have any ideas on the way to
solve this issue ?

Thank you by advance,

Kind regards,

Adrien

--------------------- ALICE SECURITE ENFANTS ---------------------
Protégez vos enfants des dangers d'Internet en installant Sécurité Enfants, le contrôle parental d'Alice.
http://www.aliceadsl.fr/securitepc/default_copa.asp

Re: Image use in css

Posted by Kevin Irmscher <ke...@gmail.com>.
Hi Adrien,

I'm not sure whether I understand the question right. Where are the
images located? If they are included in the file structure of the
portlet application, it shouldn't be a problem. You can do something
like this in a JSP:

list-style-image: url(<%=response.encodeURL(request.getContextPath() +
                                   "/img/bullet_blue.gif")%>);

It doesn't matter if you use the portlet locally or consume it via WSRP.

If the files are located somewhere else, you just need to include to
complete URL:

list-style-image: url(http://www.myCompany.com/img/bullet_blue.gif);

Again, there is no difference between a local and a remote portlet.

Regards,
Kevin