Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org> on 2012/12/06 19:46:13 UTC

RE: positions and qf parameter in (e)dismax

: Hi - no we're not getting any errors because we enabled positions on all
: fields that are also listed in the qf-parameter. If we don't, and send a
: phrase query we would get an error such as:
:
: java.lang.IllegalStateException: field "h1" was indexed without position data; cannot run
: PhraseQuery (term=a)

I'm clearly still missunderstanding something -- probably because i'm
still not entirely clear on how to reproduce this (you said you are
omiting positions, but you didn't provide the details on what
edismax request options you were using were to cause that error).

If you can open a Jira with more details on how to reproduce, we can
certainly look into it.

: > I'm not understanding the problem ... is there a specific error you are
: > getting? can you please post that error along with your schema and an
: > example of a request that triggers the problem?

-Hoss