Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Przemysław Klein <p....@ziaja.com> on 2007/06/27 18:33:46 UTC

$CATALINA_HOME/common/lib or WEB-INF/lib

Hi there..

I have 15 apps on my Tomcat. Five of them require library abc.jar
(~1,5MB). From the resources point of view (mem, cpu) is it better to
make abc.jar visible globaly to all applications (place it in
$CATALINA_HOME/common/lib) or copy to WEB-INF/lib of all five dependent
applications?

Regards,
prp

--
_/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/
Przemek Klein (p.klein@ziaja.com)

Re: $CATALINA_HOME/common/lib or WEB-INF/lib

Posted by Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <de...@hanik.com>.
Przemysław Klein wrote:
> Mentioned webapps are strictly related. In fact they are part of one
> large system. What is the best way to add make library/libraries
> available to all application? Put it in $CATALINA_HOME/common/lib or
> is there better way to do that?
shared/lib if you want the applications to share resources, such as
singletons.,
otherwise, add them to each WEB-INF/lib, makes life simpler in the long run
Filip

Posted by Przemysław Klein <p....@ziaja.com>.

Posted by Len Popp <le...@gmail.com>.