Posted to user@accumulo.apache.org by Roy Smith <rf...@gmail.com> on 2014/10/13 19:50:35 UTC

Export Table Status

Is there a way to get the status of an Accumulo export?   I issued the
exporttable command from the Accumulo shell.  a distcp.txt and
exportMetadata.zip were created in the specified destination directory, but
nothing else.  I'm assuming that the process is happening in the background
similar to the importdirectory.   I'm also assuming the files will appear
as the tablets finish their exports.  1) are these valid assumptions and 2)
is there a way to get a status or even verify that things are exporting in
the background?

Thanks

Re: Export Table Status

Posted by so...@gmail.com.
Hi Roy,

The distro.txt has pointers to the rf files written elsewhere in HDFS.  Your export is complete knife you see the distcp and zip files

--John

Sent from my iPhone

Re: Export Table Status

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.
Nope, when the exporttable command finishes, the export is complete. The distcp.txt file contains the list of files that need to be imported, but copies of the actual files are not created as a part of the command.

Have you seen http://accumulo.apache.org/1.6/examples/export.html ?