Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Mark Jarecki <mj...@bigpond.net.au> on 2011/05/25 10:47:26 UTC

REST & Atomic increment

Hi,

Is there - or are there plans for implementing - an atomic increment method for a column value in the REST API? I noticed such a method in Thrift.

Just thinking of a way to increment a column value integer in a single operation - avoiding the need for a GET request followed by a PUT request.

Thanks

Mark

Re: REST & Atomic increment

Posted by Mark Jarecki <mj...@bigpond.net.au>.
Not a preference, per se.

I just imagine calling something like:

Which, if successful returns:

	HTTP/1.1 200 OK
	{"$":<new integer>}

I imagine it returning errors in the event of the increment request being applied to a column value that cannot be incremented.

I basically imagine it working in a similar fashion to the HBase shell and Thrift API.

Re: REST & Atomic increment

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.