Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Raghav <ra...@gmail.com> on 2017/09/20 16:49:14 UTC

Kafka Internals Video/Blog

Hi

Just wondering if there is any video/blog that goes over Kafka Internal and
under the hood design and implementation details. I am a newbie and I would
like to dabble with the code and understand design of it. Just wondering if
there is any video, blog etc that goes over it ?

Thanks.

--
Raghav

Re: Kafka Internals Video/Blog

Posted by "Matthias J. Sax" <ma...@confluent.io>.
Check out the Kafka wiki:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/Index

It contains many design and discussion pages -- it's sometime a little
hidden, but I am sure you can find them.

-Matthias

Posted by "M. Manna" <ma...@gmail.com>.
Raghav,

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
Kafka has been evolving rapidly.

Is there area(s) which you're particularly interested ?
You can find all the relevant KIPs under:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/Kafka+Improvement+Proposals

Normally KIPs contain fair amount of technical details.

From each KIP, you can find JIRAs and pull requests.

Posted by Raghav <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "M. Manna" <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by James Cheng <wu...@gmail.com>.
This recent meetup had a presentation of the internals of the Kafka Controller.

https://www.meetup.com/Stream-Processing-Meetup-LinkedIn/events/242656767/ <https://www.meetup.com/Stream-Processing-Meetup-LinkedIn/events/242656767/>

The video is not yet available, but hopefully will be soon.

-James