Posted to cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org by jeya seelan <rn...@yahoo.co.in> on 2007/07/31 07:21:56 UTC

Could not run junit test class in eclipse

Hi,

This is seelan working as a java developer. i use struts framework for my j2ee application. i want to use junit for my application to test action class and the whole process. i use cactus object to run my junit  test class. but i could not run. i am getting this error "org.apache.cactus.util.ChainedRuntimeException: Missing Cactus property [cactus.contextURL]". so what shall i do to run  junit  test class  using Cactus object in eclipse IDE. please help me to run junit test case.

Regards
Seelan A.

Jeyaseelan.A
Anadocs IT Solutions
Adyar, Chennai-20
Cell - 9841104262

RE: Could not run junit test class in eclipse

Posted by Lawrence Mandel <lm...@ca.ibm.com>.
You can define cactus.contextURL in your server launch configuration in
Eclipse (assuming you're using WTP).

If you're still having trouble you might be interested in a book I
recently published entitled Eclipse Web Tools Platform: Developing Java
Web Applications [1]. In chapter 11, Testing, I detail the steps to create
and launch a Cactus test within Eclipse WTP. (Also tests with JUnit and
HttpUnit.) If you're not interested in purchasing the book you can head to
your local tech library as many should already have the book on the shelf.

[1] http://www.eclipsewtp.org

Lawrence

<bh...@wipro.com>
08/01/2007 04:23 AM
Please respond to
"Cactus Users List" <ca...@jakarta.apache.org>

<ca...@jakarta.apache.org>
cc

Subject
RE: Could not run junit test class in eclipse

Seelan,

I had put it in lib folder where there are library files

And also make sure that you have context url defined

like cactus.contextURL = http://localhost:8080/testwar

Hope this will work out

Regards
Bhanu

Posted by Kazuhito SUGURI <su...@lab.ntt.co.jp>.
Hi,

In article <88...@web7610.mail.in.yahoo.com>,
Wed, 1 Aug 2007 08:32:52 +0100 (BST),
jeya seelan <rn...@yahoo.co.in> wrote:
rnjeyaseelan> this is seelan. i follow the folder structure what is given in the cactus document.
rnjeyaseelan> i am using eclipse3.1 IDE and JBOSS server.
rnjeyaseelan> i created struts framework application war file and put it
rnjeyaseelan> in the deploy folder of jboss.
rnjeyaseelan> if i run jboss server i can access application and work on that.
rnjeyaseelan> after running my sample struts application, i run the cactus
rnjeyaseelan> test class. (Right click on the cactus java class file and
rnjeyaseelan> i click run as JUnit Test). but it throws exception. that is
rnjeyaseelan> "org.apache.cactus.util.ChainedRuntimeException: Missing Cactus property
rnjeyaseelan> [cactus.contextURL]".

You have to configure the client-side of Cactus properly.
The cactus.properties should exist in the class-path of which
the JVM of the test-runner would search for.

Although I cannot point out exact way to set it up with Eclipse
(because I'm not an Eclipse user), following pages may give you
information for the configuration:
	http://jakarta.apache.org/cactus/how_it_works.html
	http://jakarta.apache.org/cactus/integration/manual/howto_classpath.html

Hope this helps.
----
Kazuhito SUGURI

RE: Could not run junit test class in eclipse

Posted by bh...@wipro.com.