Posted to builds@apache.org by Jan Matèrne <ap...@materne.de> on 2010/07/24 22:56:38 UTC

Hudson cannot restart

Hudson was instructed to do a restart.
But it can not stop because these jobs are stuck:
- http://hudson.zones.apache.org/hudson/job/Cassandra/498/
  Started before 1 day 8 hours
-
http://hudson.zones.apache.org/hudson/job/Pig-Patch-h7.grid.sp2.yahoo.net/37
3/
  Started before 1 day 1 hour

Maybe someone could kill these jobs?
(Doesn’t these jobs have timeout settings?)

Btw
I remember that Hudson can not identify all possible stuck jobs ... e.g.
because of I/O
http://wiki.hudson-ci.org/display/HUDSON/Build-timeout+Plugin
"Because Java only allows threads to be interrupted at a set of fixed
locations, depending on how a build hangs, the abort operation might not
take effect. For example,
    * if Hudson is waiting for child processes to complete, it can abort
right away.
    * if Hudson is stuck in an infinite loop, it can never be aborted.
    * if Hudson is doing a network or file I/O within the Java VM (such as
lengthy file copy or SVN update), it cannot be aborted."

Jan

Re: Hudson cannot restart

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.
On Sat, Jul 24, 2010 at 10:56 PM, Jan Matèrne <ap...@materne.de> wrote:
> Hudson was instructed to do a restart.
> But it can not stop because these jobs are stuck:

Hudson master is now restarting. Should be up and running in a few minutes.

/niklas