Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Jun Yan(严军) <ya...@huawei.com> on 2010/06/09 21:02:08 UTC

question on Hive HA issue

Hi
  There is a issuse as we use Hive. Hope some people could give us some solution or advice.
  we have a app A as Hive client and a standby app B of A. A intial a hive request and waiting for the result. But A is down due to some reason. Then the standby app B will replace A to continue the job. So the B will re-initial a same Hive request. There will be two same Hive request running in the hadoop, Is it right? And how to escape this case? And how the app B could reuse the result initiated by app A?

Regards
Jun Yan