Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by ruchi goel <Ru...@Sun.COM> on 2007/01/16 09:32:51 UTC

acessing jackrabbit remote repository by using RAR on glassfish

Hi,
   I have a jcr as remote repository. To access this repository :
1. I have a simple java client program which accesses this repository.
it works fine.
2. Then I tried accessing it from a web application deployed on Tomcat
after copying all Jackrabbit jars in commons/ lib. The modifications I
did was in Tomcat's server.xml as follows :
<Resource name="jcr/Repository" auth="Container"
              type="javax.jcr.Repository"

factory="org.apache.jackrabbit.rmi.client.ClientRepositoryFactory"
              url="rmi://localhost:1101/jackrabbit"/>
This also works fine.

3. now I want to try step#2 from Glassfish(Sun Appserver) . Instead of
copying all jars ,
I deployed Jackrabbit RAR as Connector , as a result of which  I see the
application Jackrabbit-jca-1 under j2ee-modules. This application is
collection of all the jackrabbit dependent jars .

Now I have  following changes in my domain.xml

<connector-resource enabled="true" jndi-name="jcr/globalRepository"
object-type="user" pool-name="jacrabbit-pool"/>
  <resource-adapter-config object-type="user"
resource-adapter-name="jackrabbit-jca-1"
thread-pool-ids="jackrabbit-pool"/>

<connector-connection-pool
connection-definition-name="javax.jcr.Repository"
fail-all-connections="false" idle-timeout-in-seconds="300"
is-connection-validation-required="false" max-pool-size="32"
max-wait-time-in-millis="60000" name="jacrabbit-pool"
pool-resize-quantity="2" resource-adapter-name="jackrabbit-jca-1"
steady-pool-size="8">

  </connector-connection-pool>

<resource-ref enabled="true" ref="jcr/globalRepository"/> *

Now my question is How is it possible to access Remote Repository from
above ? Should I try adding following in properties for
connector-connection pool
factory="org.apache.jackrabbit.rmi.client.ClientRepositoryFactory"
              url="rmi://localhost:1101/jackrabbit"/*

I do not see anything in documentation.

Please help

Thanks,