Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Henry Chang <xy...@hotmail.com> on 2004/06/10 23:55:22 UTC

Help on starting up Cocoon

Hello, this is the first day I install and use cocoon.  But it is not
going so well.  I download and build Cocoon 2.1.5 on my computer.  I am
running window XP, using command prompt to run "cocoon servlet".  But I
get the following error:
Can someone please help me, thank you.

.
Use SHUTDOWN to close normally. Use [Ctrl]+[C] to abort abruptly
WARN! *** JMS block is installed but jms client library not found. ***
- For the jms block to work you must install and start a JMS server and
place th
e client jar in WEB-INF/lib.
- The default server, OpenJMS is configured in cocoon.xconf but is not
bundled w
ith Cocoon.
Thu Jun 10 17:48:12 EDT 2004 Listening for connections ...
17:48:40.499 WARN!! Failed to start: SocketListener@0.0.0.0:8888
17:48:40.499 WARN!!
org.mortbay.util.MultiException[java.net.BindException: Address already
in use:
JVM_Bind]
        at org.mortbay.http.HttpServer.start(HttpServer.java:640)
        at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.main(Server.java:429)
        at
java:39)
        at
sorImpl.java:25)
        at Loader.invokeMain(Unknown Source)
        at Loader.run(Unknown Source)
        at Loader.main(Unknown Source)
[0]=java.net.BindException: Address already in use: JVM_Bind
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketBind(Native Method)
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.bind(PlainSocketImpl.java:331)
        at java.net.ServerSocket.bind(ServerSocket.java:309)
        at java.net.ServerSocket.<init>(ServerSocket.java:183)
        at
org.mortbay.util.ThreadedServer.newServerSocket(ThreadedServer.java:3
17)
        at org.mortbay.util.ThreadedServer.open(ThreadedServer.java:390)
        at
org.mortbay.util.ThreadedServer.start(ThreadedServer.java:419)
        at
org.mortbay.http.SocketListener.start(SocketListener.java:154)
        at org.mortbay.http.HttpServer.start(HttpServer.java:671)

Re: Help on starting up Cocoon

Posted by Antonio Gallardo <ag...@agssa.net>.
Ivo Limmen dijo:
> It seems that you are running an application that allready uses the port
> 8888. If you stop it, then you can start cocoon.

Another solution is change the port number used by jetty. Change the value
of the port attribute at line 21 in
$COCOON_HOME/tools/jetty/conf/main.xml. ie: We will set it to 11,000

from:

<Set name="Port"><SystemProperty name="jetty.port" default="8888"/></Set>

to:

<Set name="Port"><SystemProperty name="jetty.port" default="11000"/></Set>

That way you will be able to see cocoon in action at:

http://localhost:11000/

Best Regards,

Antonio Gallardo

Re: Help on starting up Cocoon