Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Micah Dubinko <md...@snapbridge.com> on 2004/12/16 01:59:13 UTC

XML Serializers and DOCTYPE

I was experimenting with the XML Serializers today, both the current
(org.apache.cocoon.serialization.XMLSerializer) and new
(org.apache.cocoon.components.serializers.XMLSerializer), and discovered
some behavior that's not documented, so here it is for posterity.

The incoming SAX stream can contain doctype info through the
LexicalHandler. When that is the case the incoming doctype info always
trumps any parameters set up via <doctype-system> and <doctype-public>
in the sitemap.

The new serializer presently doesn't honor the sitemap params, but
that's something for which I'll have a patch shortly. :)

.micah