Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by james robinson <ca...@port.ac.uk> on 2004/06/29 13:44:10 UTC

trouble with tomcat 5 and apache 1.3

Hi,

I'm having some difficulties making tomcat work with apache.
I only need to use apache because I need to use an auth system that uses
the .htaccess files of apache. So i really don't want to have to fuss
about to much. Ideally I'd like to use the apache auto configuration for
tomcat but can't seem to switch it on, as per the jk2 apache howto...

At present i have apache 1.3 installed from slack package and tomcat
5.0.25 which i compile from source. All on slackware 9.1.

I've spent all of yesturday trying to fix this and am quite confused...

Firstly, if i've compiled tomcat from source do i need to then compile a
jk2 module seperatly or will this have been done.

Secondly, should i be editing httpd.conf and defining workers etc there
or editing server.xml and pointing apache at appropriate tomcat conf file?

All I'm looking to do is have a restricted access apache document root,
and then map the tomcat context of my app into it.

I'm a complete noob to this so please keep it simple.