Posted to user@zookeeper.apache.org by Pramod Biligiri <pr...@gmail.com> on 2014/05/24 05:45:29 UTC

Request for some sample Zookeeper cluster sizes

Hi,
I am running some performance tests against Zookeeper changes that I'm
making. I would like to know a couple of real world Zookeeper deployment
sizes so that I can be reasonably sure that I'm testing the right thing.

If anyone is in a position to share some info from Zookeeper deployments
that they are aware of, it'd be very helpful. I'm also considering running
these benchmarks - https://github.com/brownsys/zookeeper-benchmark
Any experience with that?

Things I'd like to know: How many Zookeeper nodes in the ensemble, what
kind of hardware are they running on (esp. disk), how much memory is
allocated to the JVM?

If you can give me a characterization of the Zookeeper workload, that would
be the icing on the cake :)

Thanks,
Pramod
--
http://twitter.com/pramodbiligiri

RE: Request for some sample Zookeeper cluster sizes

Posted by FPJ <fp...@yahoo.com>.
I have placed similar requests in the past for such traces and never got a reply. Perhaps the zk-smoketests by phunt would be a good starting point for you.

-Flavio

Posted by Pramod Biligiri <pr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Pramod Biligiri <pr...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,
Thanks for the info so far. It gives us a good starting point. I was able
to run Patrick Hunt's zk-latencies.py, should be handy in the future.

Pramod

Posted by ralph tice <ra...@gmail.com>.