Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Harry_ <ha...@gmail.com> on 2009/12/04 17:08:27 UTC

How to generetae reports using ant from multiple files

Hi,

I want to generate reports from multiple result files of jmeter.

For one file I do it using the following:
    <target name="generate-reports">
        <echo message="Generating Reports..."/>

        <xslt in="${results}/filenameX.jtl"
	 out="${results}/jmeter-results-report_21.html"
	 style="${jmeter.dir}/extras/jmeter-results-report_21.xsl"/>
    </target>

But as i need to merge results of multiple output files results. How should
I do it?

Thanks and Regards

Re: How to generetae reports using ant from multiple files

Posted by Harry_ <ha...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for replying Andrew.

I am not able to download xsl template file. It is deleted from its
location.

If you have the xsl can you please share it.

Regards

Posted by Andrew Melnyk <me...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.
search the mail archives and the online documents , I believe someone
recently shared their scripts
regards
deepak

Posted by Harry_ <ha...@gmail.com>.
Hi Deepak,

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.
If Concatenating  the result files gives you what you want(all the averages
and percentages are then wrong) , then its trivial to do in ANT (you might
need to modify the XSLT to strip out the  HTML, HEAD , BODY and add them at
the end , during concatenation)
http://ant.apache.org/manual/CoreTasks/concat.html

>Regarding modifying XSLT can you give me an example how to do that
Like you would modify any other file :). You would need to read up XSLT.
e.g.
http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2002/03/06/xslt.html
Though if you say your files are large , you might run into memory issues.

Large files are better processed as CSV 's or loaded into a structure like a

Posted by Harry_ <ha...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the reply deepak,

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.