Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by deneche abdelhakim <a_...@yahoo.fr> on 2011/01/05 05:03:47 UTC

Re : Is Decision Forest Map/Reduce only?

I sent this answer yesterday, but it was classed as spam!!! so here it is again:

There is indeed a sequential version. Take a look at the BreimanExample
file. You can find it inside
"examples/src/main/java/org/apache/mahout/df/"

Pleease note that the
main purpose of the sequential implementation is to test any distributed
 implementation that we make, so it may be not well optimized.

Re: Re : Is Decision Forest Map/Reduce only?

Posted by Steven Bourke <sb...@gmail.com>.
The weka api also have a decision forest thats just meant to run on a single
machine. No idea how fast it is though